A failing hot water tank is more than an inconvenience; it’s a critical household issue that can impact your daily comfort and safety. Veteran Plumbing Services is well-versed in the challenges homeowners face with aging water heaters, whether powered by gas or electricity. We provide comprehensive solutions, from detailed inspections to the installation of new, energy-efficient models, ensuring you have reliable access to hot water when you need it.
Five Pain Points of a Failing Hot Water Tank:
- Inconsistent Hot Water Supply: Struggling with hot water that’s sometimes lukewarm, sometimes scalding? It’s a common sign of a failing water heater.
- No Hot Water: Waking up to cold showers is a rude awakening no one enjoys. A failing water heater can leave you shivering.
- Noisy Operation: A water heater that bangs, creaks, or knocks is signaling for help—loudly.
- Leaky Tank: Water around your heater isn’t just messy—it’s potentially damaging to your home and can lead to mold growth.
- Rusty Water: Rust-colored water suggests internal tank corrosion, which can compromise water quality and heater functionality.
15 Problems Caused by an Old Electric or Gas Hot Water Heater:
- Pilot Light Woes: A pilot light that won’t stay lit can shut down your gas water heater unexpectedly.
- Lukewarm Water: When your water heater struggles, achieving that perfect shower temperature becomes impossible.
- High Energy Bills: Inefficient water heaters can lead to a spike in your gas or electric bills.
- Noisy Tank: Sediment buildup can cause your tank to rumble and groan.
- Water Leaks: Age and corrosion can lead to tank leaks, risking extensive water damage.
- Cold Showers: A failing water heater means your relaxing hot shower can turn icy without warning.
- Water Connection Issues: Over time, fittings and connections can fail, leading to leaks or water pressure problems.
- Rusty Water: Corrosion inside the tank can release rust into your water, signaling it’s time for a replacement.
- Complete Breakdown: An old water heater can stop working entirely, leaving you without any hot water.
- Frequent Resets: If you’re constantly resetting your water heater, it’s a sign of deeper issues.
- Safety Risks: Older water heaters can pose safety risks, including fires or carbon monoxide leaks.
- Inadequate Hot Water Volume: Your growing family’s hot water needs may outpace your old unit’s capacity.
- Space Inefficiency: Traditional tank heaters take up valuable space; newer models can free up room.
- Environmental Impact: Old units are less eco-friendly, consuming more energy and producing higher emissions.
- Maintenance Hassles: As water heaters age, they require more frequent and costly maintenance.
Veteran Plumbing Services: Your Solution for Hot Water Woes
At Veteran Plumbing Services, we know how crucial a fully functional water heater is to your household. That’s why we offer thorough inspections, accurate diagnostics, and efficient replacements, always considering your specific needs and budget. Our selection of high-quality, energy-efficient water heaters means you can enjoy reliable hot water, lower energy costs, and peace of mind.
Servicing Fairfax, Prince William, and Loudoun Counties in Northern Virginia.